Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gobble gobble gobble.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope you each have had a wonderful day with lots of good food and family time. I made the trek to the metropolis of Mtn City today and of course, Mom's dinner was scrumptious and wonderful! I sure wish I could cook like she does.

I must confess I was pretty grumpy for most of the day. I've been sick and we've had drama at the House lately so I'm tired. Plus, my little Green Hornet is leaking gas. I went out to leave this morning and smelled gas, so I walked around the car, and it was leaking behind the right tire, so I'm not sure if that's a line or the actual tank. I threw a fit, said a few bad words and debated what to do. I called a few boys who know cars but they didn't answer the phone, so I threw-back to my Southern Baptist days and decided if it was Jesus' time to call me home, I was going in a blaze of glory and driving the car to Mom's. The 'doobie drove like a champ, and I just went out to check a few minutes ago and there's no leaking now. BUT, remember I have the history of exploding cars, so the Green Hornet is not parked in his typical spot, but is parked in the farthest space from the House I could find!! Why tempt fate twice in one day???

So I hope your turkey was plump and juicy, the taters melted in your mouth, and the Cool Whip was eaten with a spoon as it was at my house today.

Til next time!

J

1 comment:

Regan said...

Hey... I have a GREAT deal on a 2000 Xterra that's speedometer goes out ONLY if you are driving +200 miles! Let's talk turkey! Hah! Glad you didn't go out in a blaze of glory and I think that wisdom is prevailing...