Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hey friends,
I'm at Duke today, and am currently sitting in the cafeteria. Darrell is back with Ape in the Unit, and the waiting room was crowded so I walked down here. I've checked my regular sites, read the news in WS and TN, and now I'm just trying to entertain myself! That's a hard job most of the time.
So I thought I'd share some random facts about myself. Some of you may already know this about me...others may learn something new. I have no idea where this is going....but it's passing time!

1. I can easily get to the 'road rage' point in the car! Especially when I'm focused and in a hurry!
2. I've averaged almost one speeding ticket per year since getting my driving license!!!
3. I can write cursive backwards, and sadly, it's almost as legible as my forwards cursive! :(
4. I had ear surgery when I was 15. Still have hearing loss in my right ear.
5. I am totally addicted to Diet Coke and have no real plans to change that anytime soon.
6. My sister wanted to name me "Jeanie Robert" when I was born.
7. I'm very thankful Mom and Dad vetoed her!
8. I blew my knee out playing PING PONG in high school.
9. I would love to have straight hair, but not to the point I'll spend an hour each day straightening it.
10. I was the first ever "Student of the Year" at JCHS (NERD of the year!).
11. I have three nieces and 2 nephews and they are a blast.
12. I love to shop for shoes.
13. I threw my keys at a squirrel one day in college, and he nabbed them and shimmied up a tree. Thankfully he dropped them when he realized he couldn't eat them.
14. I've never to this point locked my keys in my car.
15. I am easily irritated when reading poorly written stuff. For instance- 'Their going to the park." NO, "They're going to the park!" Lose and loose are not the same word!
16. I keep the newborn nursery during Sunday School every week and love it!
17. I can't stop pumping gas on an odd amount...if it clicks off at $13.28, I have to go on to $13.50!
18. I HATE having to pump gas and usually am close to walking by the time I stop and fill er up.
19. I have one fork in the kitchen at work with flowers on it, and all my co-workers know that I use it everyday. I try to be the first in the kitchen to make sure I can get it before they do out of spite.
20. I walk to work.
21. I'm re-reading what I've typed after typing #15! :)
22. I want to write a kid's book one day.
23. I suck at managing money! Bad.
24. It will be 10 years this month that I've lived in Winston Salem.
25. I wanted to be a veterinarian as a kid but stink at 'sciencey subjects'.

Ok. it's almost 3 pm. I'm gonna go check in with Pokey. Thanks for humoring me.
JB

No comments: