Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'm home with a quarter tank o'gas.

So I went to Clayton today and hung out with April. She's doing great. See her blog for the latest. I left their house and stopped at the Hess at the end of their road to fill the Green Hornet's gas tank. Safety first! I always like to fill up before a trip, especially on I40 as you never know when you'll be sitting for hours due to an accident or construction or both! I pull up, swipe my debit card, and the friggin pump says "Please enter your zip code." HUH?? My zip code? I'm buying gas, not subscribing to a magazine!

Folks, I've lived in Ardmore for 6 years and have had the same zip the whole time. For the life of me today (or for a tank of gas) I could NOT come up with my zip. I knew it had 2s, 7s, and 0s in it, but after three failed attempts, the attitudey pump said "Please see attendant!" UGH! So I stomp in, stand in line while some lady buys two of every kind of lottery ticket and 5 on the big lottery (Say GOODBYE to your 35 bucks, lady!) and told the attendant I needed gas but the stinkin pump wouldn't cooperate. I'm sure it was all he could do to keep from laughing in the deranged gas-lady's face, but he said "Sure. Just give me your zip code and I'll start it." HELLO?? I said 'I would like to pay for the Diet Coke and then I'll leave. Clear the pump of my debit card information and I'll get gas somewhere else."

Tomorrow, I'll coast down the hill to the user-friendly BP pumps, and the Green Hornet will be satisfied.

Good night!
JB

1 comment:

Regan said...

Jeanie. Your zip code is 27103.