Monday, October 6, 2008

A bird in the hand...or was it a waterfall???

So friends and family..
Here's a funny from tonight...I sent the email below to the RMH staff. Nancy is a super-sweet lady who works here in developement. She's starting our luminary campaign...see below...y email was titled "Workplace hazard we all need to know about!"

my email:
Her name is Nancy. She's our new workplace hazard. She presents as thisvery sweet, mild mannered lady, but she's not to be trusted! :) Sarah asked me today to walk around the House tonight after dark andcheck lights, so around 8:30 I was in the meditation garden, walkingthrough. I hear this loud, rustling noise, and I thought a bird wasflying out of the bush at first, so I ducked my head and turned around.Then it hit me! Cold, cold water. Bone chillin, breath taking coldwater. I caught my breath and realized I was doused on part of my headand all down my back!!!! My first thought was 'if that was spoiled icetea or old mop water I'm gonna be grossed out!!" I came in and changed to dry clothes and went back upstairs. Nancy wasin the hallway leaving, and I asked if she had just tossed some waterout the kitchen. Her chin dropped and she said 'You weren't down therewere you?" Uhm.. yes. I was. She had ice water out for her luminaryladies to drink, and she didn't want to waste it when they left, so shewas 'watering the bush.' I'M NOT A BUSH!! :)We laughed and laughed in the hallway. This was just a moment of perfecttiming and perfect delivery. But Nancy, if you're wanting to water thebush, you're over-throwing it almost a foot! Throw with less velocitynext time! Sarah, the paper map was soaked so I left it on your desk todry...I didn't get to write my notes, but none of the little lights inthe ground were working. Ahhh..the glamorous life of a Night Manager.....at least I had justgotten home from volleyball and hadn't showered yet! :)

No comments: